2024 Visit Richfield Grant Program Information and Guidelines
For potential applicants
Purpose: The Visit Richfield Grant Program will provide grant funding for activities and events that increase tourism and visitors to Richfield and promote Richfield businesses and amenities.
Eligible applicants: Businesses, nonprofit organizations, community groups, and local government agencies. Applicants may apply for more than one grant; however, an applicant may be awarded only one grant per project.
Maximum grant size: $2,500.00
Applicants will be considered in one of three categories:
- Lodging promotions
- Restaurant promotions
Evaluation of Grant Applications
The Visit Richfield Board will evaluate applications and determine grant awards. Evaluation of grant applications may include, but are not limited to, the following considerations:
- Is this project unique to Richfield?
- How will it help to bring non-Richfield residents to Richfield?
- What will be new/different about this project as it pertains to bringing people to Richfield?
- How much difference will a grant from Visit Richfield make?
- How likely is it that the applicant will achieve the results they are seeking?
- Does this project represent a partnership between two or more Richfield organizations and/or businesses?
- Does this application identify an important new or emerging opportunity in our community?
- Will Visit Richfield’s support help grow this idea/activity into something of a greater benefit?
- If this proposal is for an event that is expected to recur, will support be needed every year, or is the event sustainable on its own? Is support needed indefinitely?
Applicants will fill out the Visit Richfield Grant Application Form.
Grants will be distributed on a quarterly basis using the following schedule. The Visit Richfield board reserves the right to limit expenditures in any individual grant period, and on a yearly basis. The total amount disbursed may be impacted by Visit Richfield budgetary decisions.
- Applications open:
- January 10-February 10; voted on late February.
- April 10-May 10; voted on late May.
- July 10-August 10; voted on late August.
- October 10-November 10; voted on late November.
Applicants will be informed of their status within two weeks of the close of the application window. Smaller grant requests ($500.00 or less) do not need to be made during a specific granting window, but will be decided on by the board at the next board meeting.
Projects receiving grants will be required to:
- Include the Visit Richfield logo and/or website on all printed materials (i.e. website, signage, coupons, flyers/brochures, T-shirts, etc.)
- Send participants an email suggesting a hotel stay in Richfield hotels (when relevant)
- Invite a Visit Richfield presence at events (when relevant)
- Submit follow-up materials documenting expenditures of grant funds; screen shots of logo use; how many people attended; effect on community; etc. w/in 2 weeks of event.