Many industries have been affected by the pandemic, but few have been hit harder than the restaurant industry.
So many local Richfield restaurants have been part of our community for years – they’re the places we’ve celebrated anniversaries, graduations, and birthdays; the places we’ve taken first dates; the places we turn to for comfort food.
Small, independent restaurants need our support right now – especially as it gets colder and eating outdoors is no longer an option.
Looking for a way to help? Give yourself the day off from cooking on Thanksgiving this year and order takeout instead! Here’s a list of Richfield restaurants that are offering something special for the Thanksgiving holiday:
Patrick’s Bakery & Café is open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Patrick’s is offering a family Thanksgiving meal for six available for carry-out. The price is $99.00 and the meals include:
- Glazed Turkey Breast
- Mashed potatoes
- Cranberry Sauce
- Whole pie (choice of: Patrick’s Pumpkin; Traditional Pumpkin; Bourbon Pecan with Chocolate; Cranberry Meringue; Apple Cinnamon Raisin Streusel)
Houlihan’s is open from noon to 7 p.m. offering a limited menu, including a full traditional plated turkey dinner (with pumpkin pie!). The price is $16.95 for adults and $6.95 for kids. You can also pre-order a family turkey dinner for four for $65.00 that’s carry-out only.
Local Roots is offering a Thanksgiving Takeout Dinner you can order by phone (612.345.5258) or by visiting localrootsmn.com and clicking “order online” and then “thanksgiving”.
You’ll have two options for meals:
HALF BIRD (Feeds 3-5)
- Smoked Ferndale Turkey – half
- Stuffing – 2 pounds
- Gravy – 1 quart
- Mashed Potatoes – 3 pounds
- Cranberry Sauce – 8 ounces
- Green Bean Casserole – 2 pounds
- 6 Dinner Rolls
WHOLE BIRD (FEEDS 6-9)
- Smoked Ferndale Turkey – whole
- Stuffing – 4 pounds
- Gravy – 2 quarts
- Mashed Potatoes – 6 pounds
- Cranberry Sauce – 16 ounces
- Green Bean Casserole – 4 pounds
- 12 Dinner Rolls
Or, if you’re planning on cooking your own turkey, you can order Local Roots sides-only option for $45 (3-5 people) or $90 (6-9 people). Want Local Roots to cook the turkey for you? They can do that, too! Just $55 for a whole smoke Ferndale turkey. Finally, they’ll also have pies and gravy for sale. A quart of gravy is $12. Pumpkin pies are $13. And Apple, Pecan or Blueberry pies are $15.
Other ideas for supporting local restaurants this holiday season include:
- Gift cards: If you own a local business and are looking for holiday gift ideas for your employees, consider gift cards to local restaurants.
- Social media: Connect and engage with your favorite restaurants on social media. This can be as simple as liking or sharing their posts (which helps others see which local spots are open) to writing reviews on sites like Yelp.
- Take-out and delivery: Continue to order takeout as often as you can.
Our local restaurants and their workers will continue to face challenges in the months ahead. Thank you so much for supporting Richfield’s small businesses this holiday season!