Whether you’re looking for exercise, a change of scenery, or a mental health break, Richfield Parks provide the space necessary to practice responsible social distancing as we “shelter in place”. We are naturally social creatures and the new “shelter in place” order can quickly take a toll on all of us. We want to be out and about, connecting and exploring.
The key is being mindful of where you go and who and what’s around. This is not the time to gather with friends or start a regular pick-up game. Responsible social distancing means physically staying at least 6 feet apart from one another. Nature provides the perfect forum to get out, while creating space. With a number of parks to choose from, Richfield offers the space necessary to get out and truly appreciate the beauty of nature.
We all want to stop the spread of COVID-19 and get back to life as we know it. This means you can visit the park, enjoy nature and get some fresh air, but please stay off playground equipment right now.
With more than 20 parks to choose from, you can visit a different Richfield Park each day. Parks include:
- Veterans Park: Located between Portland and 11th Avenues, 66th Street and Crosstown Hwy 62. Great walking trails around the lake and marshy areas.
- Taft Park: Located at 6105 Bloomington Ave S. Good walking trails through the park.
- Augsburg Park: Located at 70th Street & Nicollet Avenue. As the trees start to green up, this is the perfect place to “forest bathe.”
- Wood Lake Nature Center: Located at 6710 Lake Shore Drive. Trails remain open, but Wood Lake Nature Center is currently closed to the public.
- Richfield Lake Park: Located at 6400 Dupont Ave S. Nice trail around the lake.
- Donaldson Park: Located at 7400 Humboldt Avenue S. A number of walking trails here.
For a complete list of Richfield Parks and their amenities, click here.
While at the park, we ask that you adhere to these important guidelines:
- If you’re sick… go home and stay home!
- Practice social distancing, which means 6 feet apart.
- Refrain from group activities or games.
- Wash hands before and after.
- Avoid touching surfaces. This includes playground equipment.
- Use the park at your own risk.
- As always, please pick up pet waste immediately.